Saturday, October 6, 2007

Ex-track star Marion Jones pleads guilty in steroids case

Your Ad Here

The three-time Olympic gold medalist and two bronze medals, Marion Jonescame clean Friday, Oct. 5, 2007 and admitted she used steroids. Jones pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators when she denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

She also pleaded guilty to a second count of lying to investigators about her association with a check-fraud scheme, then announced her retirement in a tearful apology outside the U.S. District Court in White Plains, New York. Jones was released on her own recognizance and was due back in court Jan. 11 for sentencing.

Jones said:

"It's with a great amount of shame that I stand before you and tell you that I have betrayed your trust."

"I have been dishonest and you have the right to be angry with me. I have let (my family) down. I have let my country down, and I have let myself down."

"I recognize that by saying I'm deeply sorry, it might not be enough and sufficient to address the pain and hurt that I've caused you."

"Therefore, I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."




Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Search This Blog