Sunday, September 2, 2007

Republican Idaho Senator Larry Craig quits over sex scandal

Your Ad Here

Republican Idaho Senator Larry Craig (L) announces in Boise, Idaho September 1, 2007 that he will resign from his seat in the U.S. Senate effective September 30. Craig's wife Suzanne (R) and Idaho Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter (center/rear) look on. Craig is currently embroiled in a sex scandal and is receiving little support from his political party.

According to a police report, Craig entered a toilet stall next to an undercover policeman and tapped his foot and waved his hand in gestures that the officer said signaled "a desire to engage in sexual conduct."

Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct last month after he was arrested in an undercover investigation of lewd behavior in an airport men's room.

"To Idahoans I represent, to my staff, to my Senate colleagues, but most importantly to my wife and family, I apologize for what I have caused. I am deeply sorry," Craig, 62, said at a news conference. [Quoted from Reuters]
North Idaho residents reaction to Senator Larry Craigs Resignation.




Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Search This Blog