Saturday, September 1, 2007

Agnieszka Radwanska surprisingly beating Maria Sharapova at the US Open

Your Ad Here

Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland celebrates her victory over second-seeded Maria Sharapova of Russia at the US Open tennis tournament in New York, Sept. 1, 2007. The 18-year-old caused the biggest shock by beating the defending U.S. Open champion 6-4, 1-6, 6-2 in a third-round match on Saturday.

"I don't know if it was a combination of the circumstance or the wind or the opponent playing well. I don't know what it was," said Sharapova, who double-faulted a whopping 12 times. "I just didn't quite feel like me out there."

"I had nothing to lose. She was the favorite - and I think she was more nervous," said Radwanska, who will fulfill a prematch promise to her younger sister, this year's Wimbledon junior champion, by buying them matching Louis Vuitton handbags to celebrate the upset. [From Miami Herald]




Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Search This Blog